Thursday, March 5, 2009

No baby yet!

Welp, my prediction of 3/3/09 was wrong. My new prediction is tomorrow (3/6/09 - because that's just a cool date!!) but I don't know about that! My mom's bday is Saturday, and my mother in law's bday is next Saturday! We shall see!!

I've had a bad head cold this week: scratchy throat, upset stomach, headache, stuffy face, and a cough. The coughing has been the worst part, as about every other cough sets off another contraction, and that's just annoying! My throat isn't too scratchy today, so hopefully I'm getting better.

We went to my 37 week check up Tuesday, and the doctor told us that I'm dialated to 1cm and 90% effaced already! She said that the key to progress for first time pregnancies is the effacement and that 90% at 37 weeks is great!

So we decided to get this baby out last night. We went out for Mexican (spicy food is supposed to help, so say Ye Olde Wives), then power walked (power waddled??) the mall twice, then I came home and sat/bounced/tried not to fall off of the exercise ball for about 2 hours. No luck. A little bit of cramping while walking, but I think it was just my body protesting the exercise!

While we were at the mall, Scott said that this could be the last time we're there without a stroller, and he wanted to commemorate the night (he was very convinced that what we were doing was going to result in a baby last night!) so we found a photo booth while walking. He also wanted Charlotte in a picture, so the second frame is just our stomachs! I love it! As soon as he got home, he put the pictures on the fridge.

I think he's getting a little sentimental about this time of our lives coming to an end and something new starting. We were eating breakfast this morning, and he leaned over and rubbed my belly and said good morning to Charlotte. Pretty soon, we'll be rubbing her little belly!

So, in all, I'm still here, still pregnant, and ready to meet our little girl!!

2 comments:

Gen said...

Today would be super! I like 3-6-9. I'm praying for you guys!
p.s. I love the story about the photo booth!

taylor said...

Wow, your dilation and effacement are great! That's a good sign. I never dilated... which is why it led to a C-section for me!

So, any baby yet??