Monday, March 9, 2009

Still here, still pregnant

We are 38 weeks today, and I hope I don't make it to 39!

My predictions keep failing (which should teach me a lesson to not make predictions!) but my next one is delivering on Wednesday. Tuesday night is a full moon plus there is a big storm coming in. Change in barometric pressure and full moons are shown to send women into labor, so I'm hoping it'll be a double doozy for me! There is a girl from our childbirth class (Hi, Sara!!) who is scheduled to be induced Tuesday night, so I've joked with her that we'll be there at the same time. I hope she goes before then, but if not, I hope we're there together! I want to meet Anna/Aaron too. :)

We laid low this weekend, I'm still recovering from a head cold (9 days now) and Scott seemed to have a touch of it, so we didn't do too much. Saturday, we went to the mall, walked around a little, then went home again. Scott stayed home and watched the OSU/OU game, and our Cowboys just couldn't get ahead. They did great though against a high-ranked team on their court. We were proud, and I can't wait to see them in the NCAA tourney! I went out with 5 ladies from Sunday school, and we got pedicures and out to dinner at Villa Montez. Yummy! It was nice to get out, and now I have pretty toes to look at during labor!

Sunday, Scott needed more sleep (still not feeling well, and we can't have 2 of us sick!) so we stayed home from church. We went to Walmart, did a little grocery shopping, then came back home and I napped from 12:30-2:30. I'm just not sleeping at night, and when I do, I'm having the strangest dreams. Like last night, we were at the mall (not really ours, though, it was super nice!) eating quesadillas from the movie theater and listening to the Easter Bunny read a book to small children about gun control. I can't explain any of it, but it's making me laugh this morning!

I got to work early, to check in 45 kids for a youth trip. They are off and I'm left here with nothing to do all day. I've got 5 bosses and they are all gone. Today will be a good day to catch up on some internet stuff, I guess.

I'll update on here as soon as I can with baby news if anything happens. Send some good vibes!

4 comments:

Ms. J said...

I keep stalking your blog to see if there is a baby photo, hee hee!

Michelle Wagoner said...

I can't wait for you to have baby Charlotte! Keep us updated

taylor said...

You don't want to go to 39 weeks... Ha! Try going 41. And I STILL had to be induced! And then it ended in a C-section. Let me just tell you, those little boogers have a plan of their own!

taylor said...

And by the way, I was trying all I could... we even sold a house, bought a house, and moved 2 weeks before my due date! The week Connor was due, I finally really "nested"... moving boxes, unpacking, and settling in to our new house. And even with all of that, he was quite content to stay in there!