Sunday, March 15, 2009

Introducing Baby Charlotte!

Born at 7:09am, weighing 7lbs, 3.3oz, and 20.5 inches long
This picture is at about 11 hours old.

Ignore me... look at the brand new, 5 minute old baby!



15 minutes old, tasting her fingers!


I woke up at 2:47 to go to the bathroom, and thought, wow, my back is really hurting. Oh wait, no it's not! Oh wait again, yes it is! ALOT!!! Um, this is a real contraction...
I had 2 (not timed), rolled over at 3:30, felt warm water, jumped out of bed, more water. Determined that my water broke and the contractions went to 2-3 minutes apart and hurt like heck!! We got to the hospital about 4, checked at 4:15 and I was told I was already 6-7cm! I got the epidural about 5:30, it kicked in after about 5 more contractions, then I relaxed a little until we started pushing! I pushed for maybe 30-40 minutes and she was born!

Scott saw the whole thing and said it was the most amazing thing he'd ever seen. He's been so good with her, I love it! :)

She has slept most of the day, we have not. I'm hoping that we'll get some really good sleep tonight (minus the bp checks, the weight check for Charlotte at midnight, and the other vital checks, feedings, and diaper changes!). We will probably be here until Tuesday morning. We are so excited that she's here!

3 comments:

Jen S said...

Congrats!!!!!!!

Gen said...

ongratulations Jen! You and Scott are going to be great parents!

taylor said...

Congratulations! (I'm a little late catching up on your blog.) She's beautiful! And you're so lucky that you had such a short, easy labor! Better watch out next time, it'll be even faster.... don't want a delivery at home or in a car!