Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Whew!

Life has been kind of crazy lately! We're 17 weeks along and I'm finally not feeling sick all the time! That is such a blessing. I'm able to be around people eating meat now! I will try to remember to post my latest belly pictures. We've taken them every Monday since week 12. I can tell a difference in the way my pants fit, but nothing is really visible yet.

Last weekend was my Jen's baby shower! It was a lot of fun, but the best part was just hanging out with her and her hubby at her grandparent's house the nights before and after. We went from living together for our senior year of college, to seeing each other about once a year since then; it's no fun! She is expecting Hannah Brooke mid-January, and I can't wait to meet her!

Two of my coworkers have a kindergartner. Every day they ask her what her Wows and Pows of the school day were, Wows being what was the best part of the day, Pows being something disappointing or bad about the day. I've realized that I've been giving myself Wows and Pows daily for a while too without really thinking about it! I'm going to try to put that on my posts here too. What were your Wows and Pows of today?

10/15:
Wows: These yummy gummy life savers I'm enjoying right now; the grace that God made evident during our Wednesday meditation at work; my husband (away on business) called before he left his hotel for the day just to say hey; that my sick dog (Zoe) of a few days ago is home and feeling better; that my BCF (Best Canadian Friend) might be calling me tonight
Pows: That little Zoe has to take medication for the next 6 days; that Scott will not be home until tomorrow night; that someone ate the end of the cherry tomatoes out of the work fridge that I was so looking forward to; that today is National Stillbirth and Childloss Day

Tonight I will enjoy being at home with my pups, enjoying a quiet house, and looking forward to my husband being home soon. I have a coworker who is a year older than me. She and her husband have been married 3 years, but he has been in Afghanistan for the last 15 months for work. I don't know who he works for, but I would hate my husband to be away for that long, and especially to there. I just couldn't handle it. Scott has been gone since Monday, and that's long enough for me!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: