Monday, October 27, 2008

Great Weekend!

Last week was far from great, so this weekend was especially nice. I wrote last week about the fun weekend we had with family in Stillwater. I left out the part about my nephew throwing up for 3 hours Saturday night. We all thought that his dinner just didn't agree with him, so we all cuddled on him and helped clean up his mess. Then Monday afternoon, his mom came down with the stomach virus, then Tuesday at midnight, my inlaws both had it, and it shot us both out of bed at 3am. From 3-5am we were rushing for the bathroom, sometimes at the same time. Scott and I both took off Tuesday and I stayed home Wednesday, Scott went in after lunchtime. That virus hung around until Friday or so, it was so draining! My aunt was supposed to come and stay with us Friday night, but I called and cancelled her earlier in the week. I'm glad I did, our house was a disaster! We spent the better part of Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday until 2:30 (Go Cowboys!) cleaning, organizing (nesting??) and just generally getting stuff done.

I don't what the reason behind my energy was. Here are some options.
1. First weekend at home where I wasn't sick with All Day Sickness since JULY!!
2. Rebound energy from the ADS (see above) and the stomach virus
3. Second trimester energy??

Whatever the cause, I'm glad it was here. When we moved into our house, we just threw stuff where it seemed convienent, and now that we know our house a little better, I got to organize some stuff. Mostly stuff in the laundry room. We have these great cabinets (that I cannot even begin to reach!) that were just sitting there, empty. I've fixed that problem! I think my new "system" will be great! :)

Saturday night, we had a few of my coworkers over for a Pumpkin Carving Party! I took some pictures, so I will post those tonight once they are uploaded to my computer. It was a lot of fun! I got to do a little cooking for it (I made Mummies (pigs in a blanket), cheese dip, punch, set out chips, and lots of candies!) with very little clean up which is always great!

Scott and I led the 4th grade Sunday School class yesterday morning as subs. We'd been warned about this class before, but it wasn't so bad. It was the Drama unit, so they kids got to get up and move around a little. I thought they followed directions really well. There were only 10 (3 girls, 7 boys) but I'd been warned that there could have been up to 17! All in all, I was pretty proud of the two of us, having never had to have a group of kids organized together!

The rest of our Sunday was good too. We went to lunch after work, then we went and voted. 6,100 people in our county voted this weekend! Once we got home, it was mid afternoon, and I was surprisingly still awake! I didn't feel the need for a nap, so I got some stuff done for our garage sale this weekend. We've got some big items (couch, washer/dryer, tables) and lots of little things, so I didn't want to wait until Friday to start! I swept out our garage and cleaned off some shelves to set stuff on. I began pricing a few things, but mostly just got things organized in my mind. We'll be ready to go Saturday morning at 7!

Today is 19 weeks exactly. That means that I'll be taking my "19 week" picture tonight! Once that's done, I'll upload it along with my pumpkin party pictures, and I'll try to get those posted on here!

Wows: energy this weekend, finally feeling better, time spent with friends, time spent with Scott this weekend
Pows: a friend couldn't come Saturday night because she was and still is sick

No comments: