Sunday, October 19, 2008

Home for a while

Scott and I (and sometimes the pups) have been traveling so much lately. Three weekends in a row we've driven 6 hours on Friday and 6 hours on Sunday. This was the last of our fall travels until Thanksgiving, and we're so excited about that!

I'm sitting in Scott's parent's living room this morning. We're going to get on the road in about 30 minutes, drive our 6 hours, then be home for something like 5 weekends! It will be great!

We came to Stillwater this weekend to meet up with Scott's sister, K, and her baby, I, to celebrate his first birthday. They already did the traditional Korean Tol birthday. It's really interesting. They put out a platter with different items and let him pick 1 or 2 to see what his future holds: red thread (long life), money (wealth), book (scholar), mask (it was keychain sized - for warrior) and they did something American, a football (athlete). His first item was a book, then he threw it on the ground, so they let him grab something else and he grabbed the money. So Korean tradition tells us that he will be a wealthy scholar! I told K that it must mean that he will take care of his parents in their old age!

That's about all I've got for now. Let's see, wows and pows of the weekend:
Wows: hanging out with Scott's family, snuggling with baby I, seeing Scott playing dad with baby I, watching the OSU Cowboys go 7-0 for the season so far!
Pows: teaching my pups to leave the baby alone (Zoe just wants to be bffs and kept licking him, and Colby didn't like when I was holding Isaac, growling!), riding 6 hours on Friday, (about to ride 6 hours soon!), going back to work on Monday.

I wish the weekends were 5 days long, and the work weeks were only 2!

No comments: