Thursday, December 25, 2008

I got tagged!!! Merry Christmas!!!!

The lovely Melissa has tagged me! I've never been tagged before, so I'm really excited! Thanks!

Ok, I'm supposed to go to my 6th picture folder, post the 6th picture, then tell the story behind it. I happen to LOVE this picture, so I'm glad this is the 6th one!


This is my nephew, I. This is his first Christmas as a part of our family. He is 14 months old, and was adopted by Scott's sister when he was 10 months old. He is such a happy addition to our family!
Ok, this picture was taken about 20 minutes after I met him. They had only been home 4 days or so before we were able to get to their house. He was kind of cranky that weekend, but who wouldn't be after being taken from their home, placed with people who spoke a funny language, and flown halfway around the world! You can tell from this picture that he really studies people, faces, and whatever is going on! I just love this little guy! They will be arriving at our house this afternoon to celebrate Christmas, so we'll get to watch him open presents later! Yay!
Scott's parents arrived yesterday night, we went to dinner, then to a Christmas Eve service at our church. Today we got up, had pancakes, and now we're just kind of sitting around. I don't know what today will bring!
It's weird not being with "my" family for this day. I know that Scott's family is mine also, but you know what I mean. These aren't the folks I have memories with, traditions with, etc. My parents took my sister to NYC for Christmas as her graduation trip. Their travel day is a whole post in itself, I'll save that for another time!
I hope that you are with people you love today. I hope that you think about the Son that was sent for us, as a tiny baby laid in a manger. Scott and I played Mary and Joseph at a children's event at our church, and I keep thinking back to that. Here we are, expecting a baby, sitting on hay, laying a "baby" in the manger, and feeling the fear and excitement of being parents of our own soon! I wish I had the faith and trust that Mary and Joseph had!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!! (Ok, it's only 10am, but maybe you won't read this until night time!!)

No comments: