Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow, what a different Thanksgiving this has been! We travelled (took 9.5 hours) yesterday, as did my aunt and grandparents from TX to my parents' house in OK. We get here and find that Mom's oven decided to quit on Tuesday! No problem, they also have a convection oven, so it would take a little prior planning but we could still make everything that we wanted to.

Wait... the convection oven quit last night at 9:45!! As we were cooking the turkey!! So Mom and Dad have a very generous friend who offered to cook it for us, so they took it to her house at 9:45 and went back to get it about 11:45 or midnight. Once it cooled, they were able to debone it to put it in the fridge. They went to bed about 1:30am!

Then today, we had to figure out what could be done in the crockpot. Our solutions: green bean casserole and the dressing. Both turned out well, and everything else was cooked in the microwave. For once, Mom had gotten rolls that just had to be heated, not actually cooked, so that wasn't a problem either!

We have lots of desserts and lots of snacky foods, so we've eaten way too much today. Baby girl (name to be announced soon!) really liked all the food, she's been moving lots since about noon today!

Tonight, after my grandparents went to their hotel (and my sister went to bed - she's not feeling too well) the rest of us played Trivial Pursuit, girls v. boys. I helped my team to victory with 3 of the 6 pie pieces! That never happens, so it was really exciting.

We've been wrangling dogs all day, 3 little ones and one big one. They're really fun to have around and have been the topics of many conversations. I love my pups!

I hope that the rest of you have enjoyed your holiday! So much to give thanks for this year!

1 comment:

Moi said...

Hey Jen! This is Leslie W from Kappa Phi at OSU. I stumbled over here from Geneva's blog and just had to say hello! Congratulations on the baby!
Your pics are so cute. I will have to visit again and catch up.