Thursday, July 17, 2008

So sleepy!

My fibromyalgia has decided to really kick up with regards to my sleep lately. Or my not-going-to-sleep-ever-again lately. It's been probably 2 or 3 months since I slept the whole night through. At first, months ago, I'd wake up, look at the clock like I always do, then I'd roll over and go back to sleep. That has progressed to waking up every hour, staying awake a while, and finally drifting off at 6 before the alarm goes off oat 6:30.

This is true for the weekends too, which really stinks.

Last night, I woke up about 2:30, and I was really hot (another problem plaguing me lately), so I turned the fan up a speed which helped immediately. I thought, great! That was an easy fix. At 3:15, I got out of bed, went to the living room, and proceded to watch 3 episodes of Fresh Prince. It was that or infomercials, but I didn't feel like listening about the chop and scoop anymore.

Colby came out with me, really confused why I was up at 3am. He decided that it would be a great time for him to go outside, so I waited for him to come back in. Then he wanted to walk around, clicking his nails on the ground. That would not help me go back to sleep, so I put a blanket on the floor by the couch and he slept there the rest of the night. I slept with the tv on when I finally fell back asleep.

I emailed my boss at 3:45, told him I wouldn't be coming in until "mid-day;" I like that term because it didn't nail me down to a time! After Scott left for work, I slept 7:45-9:15, then dozed off and on til 10. I woke up and watched Gilmore Girls while eating a peanut butter and honey sandwich. It was a good feel-good food for this morning.

I stayed home until lunchtime to have lunch with Scott, then I finally came in to work. I could have taken the whole day off and not fallen behind on anything at work, but I like to get paid too.
I told Scott that I'm going to be so physically active tonight, it's going to be crazy. I'm going to go for a walk with the pups when I get home, then I'm going to mow the lawn, lift some weights, walk again. Whatever it takes to not sit around before bedtime. I need to exhaust myself even more and see if that helps. My body is so exhauted already, I just don't understand why I'm not sleeping. When I wake up, my mind is wide awake, but my body isn't! Also, all this lack of sleep is making my hips hurt a lot. I can't sit without hurting right now!

Ah, the joys of fibromyalgia. Most of the time, I can handle it alright. Today is not one of those times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I am scheduled for a sleep study soon. Hope things get better!