Friday, July 11, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Scott and I had a great holiday weekend! Scott's sister, K, and her husband, T, came to visit! They hadn't seen our house before and had only been here to visit one other time, so it was really exciting. Usually T has to be back at their church to lead the youth Sunday school, but he took a week off so they got to stay! We went to see fireworks Friday night, the zoo and Hancock on Saturday. They even came to our church on Sunday and got to see me sing in the priase band.

They are such great people, great as family members, and great as a couple. It's always great to see them, but it's just different when it's the 4 of us. I wish we could do it more often. But that's all about to change! K and T are adopting a baby boy from Korea at the end of the summer! This adoption has so been a God thing. From the timing, to the funding, to the timing again. People who don't believe in God need to hear stories like this adoption (really can't share details, as they are not mine to share!), feel the goose bumps of things "just working out" and see that there is something bigger at play. God is so awesome, and I am lucky to have K and T, and soon I, in my life! I love that little guy already! He'll be about 10-11 months when he comes home, so it will be a huge change!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen! It's great to hear about Scott's sister and brother-in-law getting their adoption! Hey, post some pictures of your house with all your stuff in it :)

Anonymous said...

With all of the medical issues Matthew and I were talking about adoption. We are thinking of starting a family within the next five years. If that happens I might ask you for some advice even though you were sort of a third party. I am sooo happy for them know it has really been a struggle.