Thursday, May 7, 2009

One step forward, three steps back

My positivity from yesterday has flown out the window. We had a good night's sleep 2 nights ago, followed by a great day yesterday. Then last night, starting about 10:15, we could not get her to sleep. I tried for an hour, Scott tried another hour. Then she slept for 15 minutes at a time the rest of the night. I think her tummy was hurting. She hadn't pooped in almost 48 hours, so when she finally did around 1:15, I thought, whew, now we can all sleep.

Not so much. At 5, I asked Scott to take her to the living room so I could get an hour and a half of sleep. He battled with her during that time. I got up to feed her a little before 7, and she was a happy smiling baby, no matter not sleeping all night. (Scott and me? No smiles there.)

She started yawning, so I put her down for a nap at 8, and I could not get her to sleep until 8:45, and that was with her laying on me. We slept til 9:30. I just battled her second nap for 1.5 hours, and finally got her up, because it's only 10 minutes now until her next feeding. She is sitting in the Boppy next to me on the couch, just about asleep.

I'm exhausted. Scott is going to take her tonight and let me sleep. He laughed that if she didn't sleep last night and doesn't sleep all day, she'll pass out tonight and he'll have an easy night! Not funny, because I bet that's true.

Ok, now she's sound asleep. Great.

3 comments:

The Allens said...

Oh! Bless your heart! I'm sorry!

Spearmint Baby said...

hi! i saw you post your blog on thebump.com.
check out spearmintbaby.com this week for 2 really fun contests (a gift certificate and winner's choice jewelry!) all you have to do is become a follower and make a comment!

Katie K said...

The easy night thing can be 50/50. Either she is exhausted and will "pass out" or she will be over-tired and cranky. Best of luck! Have you tried sound machines?