Thursday, June 19, 2008

blah

I haven't updated in a little bit, but that's because I've got the blahs. I just wrote my mom an email, so I'll put some of that on here too:

It's raining again (second or third day this week).

We got our new dryer installed this morning. Scott said he ran it before the Lowe's guys left, and said it doesn't make the thumping noise, so we're off to a good start! (We just got a new set last week, and the dryer made this strange noise. Turns out it had a dented drum, and since we were in the 7 day period, we got a whole new machine!)

Yesterday, I hosted the Mid high and Senior high Bible study at lunchtime. I ordered 6 pizzas (the church paid for them), and no one showed up. I was just the location, not the actual study part. It was me, Scott, the guy leading the study, then one girl came. She thought it was for the Presbyterian church. I guess she got two things in the mail, and confused the information. So I just had leftover pizza for lunch.

Since our house was already clean, we invited the L's over for dinner tonight. I'm going to try a new recipe for Pineapple-Glazed Porkchops, with baked potatoes and salad. Apple Pie for dessert. Now you wish you were here, don't you??

Work has been slow this week, but it's a welcome change from the past few weeks. Things will pick up again next week, so I'm enjoying this down time. My coworker's mom is still in the hospital. She had developed fluid in her lungs (strange how similar her stuff is to SIL) so I've been up to the hospital twice. Since it's to visit someone from the church, I get to count it as working time. Passed the Senior Pastor in the hallway on my way to her room, I think that got me some brownie points.

I'm so worn out. I've been calling my doctor's office every other day to no avail. The last I heard, the Doc was writing a letter, and the nurse would get back to me about more Provigil to last me a while. That was a week ago, and I'm still waiting to hear back. The last time I called was Tuesday morning. The voicemail said that Doc would be out of the office the 18th-20th, so now, even if I heard back from them, I can't get the script since he's gone! I'm having serious issues with the nurses. The other one is FOUR WEEKS this Friday on calling me back about something. I've also mentioned this issue in every message I've left. Four stinking weeks. Seriously!!!

Can you tell that I'm kinda bored? Because I am. I enjoy this down time (I do have something I could be doing, but it would put me to sleep right now), but it gives me lots of time to sit and think, and that's not always good.

SIL and BIL are going to come see us over the 4th of July weekend!

That's about it for now. Nothing too exciting!

1 comment:

Jen S said...

Can I tell you that I'm boerd too!! Seriously I could take a nap! I think I'll go look at my Pottery Barn Kids magazine!