Friday, July 31, 2009

Rough week

This was a very rough week. Charlotte cried for three days straight (Mon-Wed) and it wasn't until I was talking to a fellow mom/friend that it dawned on us that she was going through a growth spurt. 4.5 months isn't a "normal" spurt time, so I was keeping her feedings at 3 hours apart, leaving her hungry all the time. I felt horrible when I figured it out. We gave her 5oz more milk on Wednesday evening and I let her eat when she wanted to yesterday, and that made a huge difference. My happy baby was back! Still a little cranky, but not like the beginning of the week.

It was really frustrating. I had felt like I was having supply issues (she is still exclusively breast fed but we started one meal of solids a couple of weeks ago) so it totally makes sense to me now. I was and I wasn't having supply problems. My supply was staying the same, but her need was greater so it was upsetting us both. My body seems to have caught up a little, she seemed satisfied yesterday. Whew!

I'm tired, but holding up ok other than that. I am thankful it is the weekend. Time for some Daddy/Daughter bonding time, doncha think?!?

Charlotte is tripod sitting now (on her bottom, propping up with her arms). It's so cute! I've gotten a couple pics, but I don't have them on the computer yet. I'll post them soon, hopefully!

1 comment:

The Allens said...

I am sorry to hear that. I starved Aaron once and I felt horrible when I figured it out. But the crying was awful, so I understand.