Monday, September 14, 2009

Update!

I went to the rheumatologist's office last Wednesday and he thinks it sounds like onset of rheumatoid arthritis (in addition to fibromyalgia). He drew blood and I should get test results on Wednesday. We'll determine a medicine treatment at that time.

They took 5 vials of blood, and I started to pass out! They had to fan me, get water, and a cool rag. I sat there for a while before they would let me leave. I've given more blood for tests before, but it came at a bad time of the month, so I was just really low in blood volume probably.

Weaning has been going well. Charlotte is taking to the formula just fine; that makes me feel a little better. It's still hard on me, but each day is a little better. I know that this is the best route for our family at this time.

Oh, the doctor said it's actually quite common for women to develop RA following a pregnancy. I have a friend that had that happen to her too! After her second son was born, hers was so bad that she had to have her husband open baby food jars for their older boy before he left for work, because she couldn't open them on her own! I'm grateful that mine isn't that bad, but I also don't want it to that point.

This weekend, we traveled to Bryan (TX) to attend a wedding. My grandparents live there, so they were thrilled to have us. The wedding was for a girl I met in first grade. I haven't seen her in 5 years, but I could not have been more excited to be there! It was great to see her, her mom and dad, her little sister, and now, her husband! We woke up Saturday morning with a sick baby. Poor C caught a cold (I think I know where, and I'm not happy about it) and was pretty miserable. Because of that, she didn't get to go to the reception with us, so we'll have to go back sometime so my friend and her family can meet C! By Sunday evening, Scott was sick too. He stayed home from work today, so it was like another 3 day weekend! :)

I started a Bible study today with some women from my Sunday school class. We will be studying Esther, and I'm really excited about it. My mom actually just finished it and said it was great.

Charlotte and I have her 6 month well visit and shots tomorrow! I'm in total denial that my tiny baby girl is about to be half a year old!! Pictures to come, I'm sure!

No comments: